Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cookie Brownies


(This recipe was first posted in conjunction with the Meijer Ad Week of 5/6/12 - 5/12/12)

Here's another great recipe from Andrea over at Simple Organized Living.  She has no qualms about baking from a box or a package...a girl after my own heart!  These bars couldn't be any easier, but the result is delicious!


Head over to Simple Organized Living to check out this super easy recipe for chewy, yummy bars!

Options and Tips
  • I used plain chocolate fudge brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough, but feel free to change it up...how about using peanut butter cookie dough and sprinkling the whole thing with chocolate chips?  (thanks for the idea, Michelle!)
  • I found that I had to bake the bars for around 35-40 minutes before the middle was done.
  • I've also baked these bars in a jelly roll pan (baking time is approximately 20 minutes).  They are much thinner, but I love being able to get more bars out of a recipe.
  • Melt together chocolate chips and a dab of shortening in the microwave and drizzle the mixture over the top for a quick and pretty "frosting".
    Thanks for the great recipe, Andrea!

No comments:

Post a Comment