Saturday, September 29, 2012

31 Days of Saving Money in the Kitchen


Every October, bloggers all over the internet participate in a "31 Days" link-up.  Basically, they pick a topic and then blog about it for 31 days in a row.  Little bloggers like me also get to link up at larger blogs, which (hopefully) brings more readers to our blogs and makes all that posting and writing worthwhile.  I really want to take part in this project, because I have plenty to say :)  So I'm throwing my hat in the ring, and starting Monday, I'm going to spend all 31 days in October** talking about Saving Money in the Kitchen!

Some of these posts will be long; some will be on the short side.  Some of the ideas will save you pennies; others will (hopefully) save you much, much more than that.  Some of my suggestions will only take a few minutes; others might be more time-consuming.  Some of the posts will make you think "I'd only do that if we were dirt-poor;" others will be more moderate.  Some of the ideas will knock your socks off; others will make you say "duh".  There will be lots of ideas, a few frugal recipes, a guest post, a giveaway, and more! 

We're going to start with the basics, and branch out from there.  If you're an expert at this penny-pinching-in-the-kitchen thing, you might be bored at first...but hang in there with me!  We're not just going to talk about shopping sales and using coupons, we're also going to talk about what we do with our purchases after we bring them home.  And you probably have more than just food in your kitchen, right?  We'll be talking about saving money on other kitchen items as well.  

At the end of every post, I'm going to ask a few questions to (hopefully) promote discussion in the comments.  I'm not the only one who has good things to say about this topic, so if you have something to add, please chime in.  This way, we can all learn from each other.

As you can see, there will be something for everybody here.  I hope that you'll learn a few things...but even if you're an old hand at saving money and none of this is new to you, you can join in the fun by sharing your own ideas in the comments.  

Are you ready to start saving money in the kitchen?

**I will try to get the day's post up first thing in the morning, except on Sundays.  Instead of posting on Sunday, I'll publish two articles on either Saturday or Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog and looking forward to learn how to be more frugal.Our SS checks are just not lasting the whole month.Thanks

    ReplyDelete