Saturday, October 13, 2012
31 Days:: Find a Buddy
[Please note: I will not post the next article in this series until Monday...at which time you will see two articles.]
Wow, saving money can be a lot of work! I think it's about time for me to give you an easier task.
Partnering up with a friend is an easy, fun way to Save Money in the Kitchen. It can be as simple as tipping each other off to that great deal you found.
Here are a few ways you can make teaming up work for you:
1. Trade coupons. You like Prego, she likes Bertolli. Trade your spaghetti sauce coupons and double your savings.
2. Share a great deal. If you're at Walgreens and you notice Chex Mix marked down to 50 cents per bag, call up your friend and ask how many she wants! You're saving her some money and a trip out. She'll return the favor next week when she's at Target and finds family-sized boxes of Oreos on clearance.
3. Divide and conquer. You pick up what she needs at Aldi and she can grab you a few things at Costco.
4. Split a CSA share. Half of a share is still plenty of produce, and you can take turns picking up your portion, therefore saving on gas.
5. Take turns paying for a warehouse club membership. You'll have to coordinate your shopping trips to take the non-member as a "guest", but it's a good excuse to spend time together anyway :)
All right...I know there are more ways you can team up, but that should get you started. So, what are you waiting for? Share the love and share the savings!
Do you have a savings buddy? Do you share the deals you find? What are the ways you team up to save money?
Looking for more ways to Save Money in the Kitchen? Check out the other articles in this series, here.