Yesterday, I told you that one of the ways you could save money on kitchen gadgets was to enter a giveaway. Today, I'm pleased to announce that I am giving away some of my favorite kitchen tools! They are...a brand-new Rada Cutlery Regular Paring Knife and a brand-new Rada Cutlery Vegetable Peeler (both with the black, stainless steel resin handle).
Rada Cutlery is an American company that uses all American materials to produce their knives and other kitchen tools. Their kitchen tools are commonly sold as fundraisers for church and school groups, and can also be found at various flea markets. In addition, you can order them direct from Rada.
I have multiple Rada paring knives in my kitchen, and I use one almost every day. They are perfect for any small cutting/chopping job, from apples and potatoes to cheese and summer sausage. The blade is strong and flexible, and the handle is comfortable. Oh, and they make a great screwdriver in a pinch.
I also own a Rada vegetable peeler. This peeler is exponentially better than any other peeler I've tried. I've purchased these for friends who previously owned other kinds of potato peelers, and they all agree that this peeler is amazing. The shape of the blades allows you to peel off a wide swath of skin with each swipe, and again, the handle is extremely comfortable. I've had the same Rada peeler for 12 years now, and it still works better than any other peeler I've tried...even if the competition is brand-new!
So, how do you enter this giveaway? You must do the following TWO things to enter:
1. Leave a comment under any one of the posts in the 31 Day series. (If you've already left a comment under one of the 31 Days posts, just pick a different post to comment on.) I ended almost all of the posts with a question or two, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a comment :) I have plenty of ideas for Saving Money in the Kitchen, but I'm sure you do too! However, you don't have to come up with a money-saving idea...some of the questions are just asking your opinion. The more information you share, the more this series (and the blog as a whole) will help all of us.
2. Come back to this post and leave a comment saying "I entered by commenting on _______" (You don't have to re-type the whole comment, just tell me what post you commented on.
If you'd like to enter additional times, you may:*
1. Like Cooking Up a Sale on Facebook OR share any link from this site on Facebook.
2. Become an official member of Cooking Up a Sale (by clicking the blue "Join This Site" box)
3. Comment under any recipe that you've tried in the last few months. If you didn't like it, it's OK to say that too :)
4. Pin any recipe or 31 Days post on Pinterest.
*Additional entry is only valid for new activity...so if you liked Cooking Up a Sale on Facebook 3 months ago, you'll have to pin a recipe or join the site instead. Or if you've already pinned Apple Brownies, you'll have to pick a different recipe or 31 Day post to pin. After doing one or more of the 4 items listed above, you MUST come back here to this post and leave a comment telling me what else you did to enter. For example "I entered by commenting under Apple Brownies" or "I liked Cooking Up a Sale on Facebook". Leave a separate comment for each activity, and please include at least your first name.
Please note: If you're reading this post in your email or blog reader, you must click through to the post to leave a comment. You won't see a blank comment box in your email newsletter.
This giveaway will be open until Wednesday, October 31, at 5PM. (This will give you time to read and comment on the remaining 31 Days articles.) Winner will be announced Wednesday evening.